* Place the water, butter, and salt in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil. When the butter is completely melted, remove from the heat and add the flour all at once.
* Mix rapidly with a spatula until fully combined.
* Place the mixture on the stove on low heat, and dry mixing for about 5 to 6 minutes. The dough should be soft and shouldn’t be sticky.
* Transfer to a bowl and spread to cool. Let the dough cool for at least 5 minutes.
* Add the eggs one at the timemixing thoroughly after each one is added so that the dough is smooth.
* Add the last egg a little at the time to control consistency in case the eggs are too big.
* The dough should be smooth, shiny and as thick and as heavy as mayonnaise. Preheat oven 370 F (190 C).
* Cover a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Fill a pastry bag with the dough.
* Using a pastry bag filled with the dough or a spoon, make small balls about 1 -inch (2 - 3 cm ) size.
* Brush the top with the egg wash.
* Bake for about 35 minutes or until well puffed and golden. Shut off the heat , open the oven half way, and let the puffs cool slowly and dry for about 1 hour. The puffs may collapse if they are cooled too fast.