* Prepare the espresso coffee, transfer to a bowl, dissolve the sugar in it and cool to room temperature. When the coffee is lukewarm transfer it to the freezer.
* After about 15 minutes, when the coffee starts freezing stir the coffee to break the ice.
* Repeat this step few times until the coffee mixture is slushy and broken in large crystals.
* Whip the cream together with the vanilla and the powdered sugar.
* Place 1 or 2 tablespoons of whipped cream in the glass.
* Add on top 2 tablespoons of the granita.
* Top with 2 tablespoons of whipped cream.
* Decorate with the cherry and serve immediately.