* Clean and wash the beans the night before, place them in a container, and cover with fresh water. Leave the beans to soak in the water overnight.
* Drain the beans the next day, when you are ready to cook.
* Put the beans in a stockpot full of water, and boil for about 20 minutes, or until the beans are tender.
* In a skillet, pour the extra-virgin olive oil, and turn the heat to medium. Add garlic and sage, and sauté until the garlic starts coloring to a very pale brown.
* Add the beans, salt, and pepper. Sauté over low heat for about 2–3 minutes.
* Add the tomatoes. Cook uncovered over low heat for about 20 minutes or until the beans are tender and the sauce thicker.
* Stir occasionally, adding a small quantity of water if the beans become too dry.
* 1/2 lb (225 gr) dry cannellini beans
* 4–5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 2 garlic cloves, crushed whole
* 5–6 sage leaves
* salt and pepper
* 4 oz (115 gr) fresh ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced