* Trim away the fat from the meat as much as possible. Slice the meat diagonally very thinly, to obtain small meat tatters.
* Put olive oil, garlic and red pepper in a skillet. Turn heat to medium.
* When the oil is hot, but before the garlic starts coloring, add the meat.
* Mix thoroughly turning the meat pieces over several times, until uniformly browned. Don’t overcook the meat, otherwise it will toughen.
* Add the arugula and mix it with the meat. The vegetable will look like a large quantity, but it will reduce very fast as soon as it will feel the heat of the pan. Add salt.
* The vegetable will loose some liquid in the pan. Cook briefly on medium heat to evaporate the liquid. Serve hot.
* a steak or tri-tip, about 1 lb (450 gr)
* 2 - 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 garlic clove, sliced
* pinch of crushed red pepper, optional
* a bunch of arugula salad (approximately 1/2 lb (400 gr)