* Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Dredge lightly into the breadcrumbs, shacking off the excess.
* Place the oil and butter in a skillet. When the butter starts foaming add the scallops.
* Reduce heat to medium high and sauté for about 2 minutes until golden on all sides.
* Add a generous squeeze of lemon.
* Add the wine and let it evaporate.
* Top with the parsley, adjust salt and pepper, and serve at once.
* 1 lb shelled scallops
* salt and pepper
* 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 2 tablespoons butter
* half lemon juiced
* 1/2 cup white dry wine
* 2 - 3 Italian parsley, finely chopped