* In a sauté pan large enough to contain the cabbage, put olive oil and garlic.
* Slice the cabbage in about 2 inch pieces.
* Separate the pieces so that all the leaves are loose.
* Turn the heat to medium. When the oil is hot transfer the cabbage to the pan. Don’t let the garlic burn or color.
* Place the lid on the pan and cook covered for 10 to 15 minutes, until the cabbage is tender.
* The cabbage should release enough liquid to cook with its own juices. Check occasionally and add a little warm water if the pan appears too dry. Don’t let the cabbage stick to the pan.
* When the cabbage is ready, optionally sprinkle the red vinegar in the pan, turn heat to high and mix vigorously to evaporate. Quantity of vinegar may vary depending on strength and personal taste.