* In a saucepan put the extra-virgin olive oil and 3 tablespoons (45 gr) of the butter. Turn heat to medium. When the butter starts foaming, add the onion and garlic, and sauté until the onion becomes soft.
* Add the mushrooms (reserving the water) and half of the parsley, and sauté for few minutes.
* Add the rice stir for about 2 minutes until well coated.
* Add the wine and stir to evaporate it.
* Add 1/4 cup (60 cc) broth, and salt and pepper.
* Stir to prevent the rice from sticking to the pan.
* When the rice begins absorbing the liquid add more broth. * Repeat this step of adding the broth and stirring, keeping the rice at the consistency of a dense paste. Also stir in half of the mushroom soaking water.
* After about 18 minutes stir in the parmigiano reggiano cheese, and 2 tablespoons (30 gr) butter. Continue stirring and adding a small quantity of broth.
* The rice will be ready in about 2 more minutes, when al dente (firm but not too soft or overcooked). Cooking time may vary. When the risotto is ready, top with the rest of the chopped parsley. Serve at once.
* 1/2 oz (15 gr) dry porcini mushrooms, soak in warm water for about 1 hour or until soft
* 5 cups (approximately 1 liter) broth, warm to a simmer in a small saucepan
* 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 3 + 2 tablespoons (45 + 30 gr) butter
* 1 medium onion, finely chopped
* 1 garlic clove, finely diced
* 1 bunch Italian parsley, finely chopped
* 1 - 1/2 cups (300 gr) arborio rice
* 1/4 cup (60 cc) dry white wine
* salt and pepper
* 4 oz (115 gr) parmigiano reggiano cheese, freshly grated