* Skin the pumpkin, remove seeds, and cut in small dices. Warm the broth to a simmer.
* In a saucepan put 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil and 2 oz (60 gr) butter, and turn heat to medium. When the butter starts foaming, add onion, and sauté until the onion becomes soft.
* Add pumpkin, stir, and add approximately 1/2 cup broth.
Cover and cook for about 5 - 10 minutes, or until pumpkin is soft.
* Add the rice, stir for about 2 minutes.
* Add 1/4 cup broth, salt, pepper, and stir to evaporate. Stir continuously to prevent the rice from sticking to the pan.
* When the rice begins absorbing the liquid, add more broth.
* Repeat this step of adding the broth and stirring, keeping the rice at the consistency of a dense paste.
* After about 10 minutes add radicchio, and continue stirring and adding broth.
* After about 18 minutes stir in the the rest of the butter, and the parmigiano reggiano cheese. Continue stirring and adding broth. The rice will be ready in about 2 more minutes, when al dente (firm but not too soft or overcooked). Cooking time may vary.
* Let the risotto set for about 2 minutes. Serve hot decorated with radicchio leaves.
* 1 1/2 lb (600 gr) pumpkin
* 5 cups (1 liter) chicken or beef broth
* 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 2 oz + 2 oz (60 + 60 gr) butter
* 4 oz (120 gr) onion, finely diced
* 1 1/2 cups (300 gr) arborio rice
* 3 oz (100 gr) freshly grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
* salt and pepper
* 4 oz (120 gr) red radicchio, cut in small pieces