* In a saucepan, put the butter, olive oil, bacon, and onion. Turn heat to medium.
* When the onion becomes soft and the bacon is cooked, add peas, 4–5 tablespoons broth, stir, and cover.
* Cook for about 5–10 minutes.
* Add the rest of the broth, and bring the mixture to a boil.
* Add rice, and cook for about 20 minutes.
* When the rice is al dente (firm but not too soft or overcooked), and the soup has a dense consistency, taste and add salt if necessary. Add pepper, parmigiano cheese and parsley.
* Stir briefly and serve warm.
* 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 4 oz (115 gr) guanciale, diced (or substitute with unsmoked bacon)
* crushed red pepper
* 1 lb (450 gr) pasta (bucatini, ziti, or spaghetti)
* 1/4 cup (50 gr) pecorino romano cheese, freshly grated