* Soak the raisin in a small bowl filled with warm water until soft. * Squeeze to remove excess water.
* Juice half of the lemon after having grated the rind out.
* Preheat oven 350 F (180 C).
* Butter 2 cookie sheets, and sprinkle with a little flour.
* Pour the flour on a work surface, in a mound shape with a hole in the center.
* Add in the well the sugar, butter, egg, pinch of salt, lemon juice, and grated lemon rind.
* Using a fork, mix the ingredients together with the flour. Work rapidly with your hands to form dough. Avoid warming the dough too much. Sprinkle the work surface with some flour to prevent the dough from sticking to the table.
* When the dough is smooth and consistent, flatten with a rolling pin, and top with the raisin.
* Work the dough again to amalgamate the raisin, adding some flour if necessary.
* Flour the work surface. Flatten the dough to a thickness of about 1/4” (5 mm).
* Cut the dough in round shapes to obtain the cookies.
* Work the cuttings of the dough again, flatten and cut more cookies. Repeat the step until all the dough is used.
* Beat the egg in a small bowl, and brush the surface of the cookies.
* Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden.
* Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
* 3 oz (100 gr) dark raisin
* 1 lemon
* 2 cups (300 gr) flour + some for the table
* 1/2 cup (100 gr) sugar
* 6 oz (150 gr) butter, lukewarm
* 1 egg
* pinch of salt
* 1 egg
* powdered sugar