preparing the zabaglione filling
* Beat egg yolks in a heat proof bowl until fluffy.
* Beat in sugar and Marsala wine.
* Whisk over a pan of simmering water, until the cream thickens.
* With a rubber spatula, mash the mascarpone cheese in a bowl until creamy.
* Add the zabaglione into the mascarpone cheese, and beat to mix very well.
* Whip the cream. By hand, fold the whipped cream into the zabaglione–cheese cream, until smooth.
assemblying the tiramisu’
* Assemble the dessert in 4-6 serving glasses or cups or ramekins.
* Break the cookies in smaller pieces.
* Lightly soak the ladyfinger pieces in the sweet wine.
* Place them in one layer in the glasses.
* Evenly distribute half of the zabaglione cream over the ladyfingers.
* Add on top about half of the berries.
* Repeat the step with more layers of ladyfingers, zabaglione cream, and berries, until all ingredients are used. End with a layer of berries on the top. Place in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
* At serving time whip the cream together with powdered sugar and vanilla. Remove the Tiramisu’ from the refrigerator. Garnish the top of the Tiramisu’ with whip creamthe berries, and the dices of kiwifruit.
TIRAMISU’ AI FRUTTI DI BOSCO - Tiramisu’ with Mixed Berries
for the zabaglione cream
* 4 egg yolks
* 1/2 cup (100 gr) sugar
* 1/2 cup (120 cc) Marsala wine (substitute with other sweet wine like Port or Madeira)
* 1 lb (450 gr) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
* 1 cup (230 cc) whipping cream
for the tiramisu’
* 8 - 10 ladyfinger cookies
* 1/2 cup (120 cc) Marsala wine (or other sweet wine) to soak the ladyfingers
* 10 oz (300 gr) mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc.)
* 1/2 cup (115 cc) whipping cream
* 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
* 5 oz (150 gr) ripe mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc.)
* 1 kiwifruit, diced