* Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
* Dredge lightly in the flour.
* Shake away the excess flour.
* Heat the oil in a frying pan, and add the scallops.
* Reduce heat to medium high and sauté for about 2 minutes on all sides.
* Add the butter, a squeeze of lemon, the mashed garlic, and basil, and cook for 2 more minutes until golden and just firm.
* Serve warm.
* 1 lb (450 gr) shelled scallops
salt and pepper
* flour for dusting
* 2 - 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1 garlic clove, mashed
* 2 - 3 tablespoons lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil