* Preheat oven to 350F (180 C). Place the almonds in a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Run the blade until the almonds are coarsely ground.
* Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites. Whip the egg whites until peaks are forming.
* Add the sugar, the vanilla, the cinnamon and stir to combine.
* Add the almonds.
* Place the mixture in a double boiler over medium heat and stir for about 15 minutes, until forming a soft but firm compound.
* Line a cookie sheet or flat oven pan with parchment paper.
* Form small balls the size of a walnut, place them on the pan approximately 2” (5 cm) apart.
* Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden.
* 5 1/2 oz (150 gr) almonds, lightly toasted
* 5 1/2 oz (150 gr) hazelnuts, lightly toasted
* 4 egg whites
* 6 1/2 oz (180 gr) sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon