* Finely chop together garlic, rosemary leaves, sage, thyme, cloves, salt and pepper.
* With a sharp knife make some incisions on the meat and fill with the herbs.
* Rub the surface of the meat with the rest of the herb mix.
* In a saucepan of adequate size put olive oil and turn heat to medium low.
* Place the meat in the pan and brown lightly on all sides for few minutes.
* Add wine, turn the heat to high, and when the wine is evaporated add about 1/2 cup broth (or water).
* Cover and simmer on moderate heat for about one hour to one hour and 15 minutes. Occasionally turn the meat to cook on all sides, and add a little warm broth if necessary.
* In a small bowl mix together the corn starch and 2 - 3 tablespoons water.
* Remove the meat from the pan. Add the cornstarch mix to the pan, scraping the bottom to incorporate to the gravy. Stir and cook until thicker.
* Cool the meat at room temperature, slice and serve dressed with the warm sauce.