* Preheat oven to 500 F (260 C).
* In a bowl place the tomatoes. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread the tomato evenly over the pizza.
* With your hands, break the basil leaves into small pieces. Distribute the basil uniformly over the pizza.
* Spread the rest of the olive oil on the pizza. Add salt.
* Bake the pizza for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and add the mozzarella cheese.
* Cook for 10 more minutes approximately. Lift one side to check for readiness. Pizza is ready when the bottom surface is light brown.
* Top with few more fresh basil leaves if desired and serve immediately.
topping for 1 pizza
prepare the basic
according to the recipe
* 1 cup (250 gr) tomatoes, puréed in a blender
* 3 – 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* salt and pepper
* 4 – 5 fresh basil leaves
* 2 oz (60 gr) fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced