* Reserve 2 tablespoons pistachios for decoration. Grind the pistachios in a food processor until reduced to a fine powder.
* Place milk and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
* When the sugar is dissolved and the milk starts bubbling, turn heat off.
* Add the pistachios, and set aside to cool to room temperature. Place in the refrigerator for several hours or better overnight.
* When the pistachio mixture is cold transfer it to a ice cream maker and follow the ice cream machine instructions.
Transfer to a container and place in the freezer.