* Cut the tomatoes in large dice.
* In a frying pan, pour the olive oil, and add garlic and red peppers. Stir and sauté for a few seconds.
* Add the tomatoes and half of the basil leaves. Cook for about 10 minutes.
* Use a fork to mash the tomatoes and reduce roughly to a paste.
* Add the rest of the basil leaves , breaking them by hand, and turn heat off.
* Cook the pasta in abundant salt water following manufacturer’s instructions. Taste for readiness from time to time, until al dente (firm but not too soft or overcooked). Drain and transfer to a bowl.
* Top with the sauce. Toss thoroughly. Serve at once. Garnish with more basil leaves if you like.