* Cook the spaghetti in abundant salt water following manufacturer’s instructions, tasting for readiness from time to time. While the pasta is cooking, pour the olive oil in a skillet and add the garlic and red pepper.
* Turn the heat to medium. Sauté the garlic briefly, but turn heat off before the garlic could begin coloring.
* When pasta is al dente (firm but not too soft or overcooked), drain and transfer to a bowl.
* Top with the oil-garlic mixture.
* Spread the chopped parsley on top (if desired). Toss thoroughly and serve at once.
** NOTE **
Do not overcook or burn the garlic! Browned garlic is considered a big mistake in Italian cooking. Use fresh hot peppers when available and slice them before adding them to the skillet. If fresh red peppers are unavailable, use whole hot dry red peppers, chopped coarsely, or a generous quantity of hot crushed red pepper.
* 1 lb (450 gr) spaghetti
* 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 2 garlic cloves, sliced
* 2 – 3 small hot red chili peppers
* 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped (optional)