preparing the caramel
* In a small saucepan, put the sugar and lemon juice. Mix very well together with a metal spoon, and place over low heat.
* Stir the sugar-juice once in a while until it becomes dark gold and begins smoking.
* Add hot water, bring it to a boil, and remove the pan from the heat.
* Pour the caramel into a round mould approximately 7 inches in diameter (18 cm) and 2 inches deep (5 cm).
* Swirl the mold in all directions so that the caramel covers bottom and sides. Set aside.
preparing the pudding
* Pour the milk into a small bowl and add the gelatin powder. Set aside to soak for about 5 minutes.
* In a saucepan, put the cream, lemon rind, cinnamon, and sugar.
* Turn the heat to medium and bring to a simmer. Remove it from the heat and set it aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
* Remove the lemon peel and the cinnamon stick and add the milk-gelatin mix, return it to the stove. Stirring, bring to a boil.
* As soon as the cream starts boiling, remove the pan from heat, pour the mixture into the mould, and let it cool at room temperature.
* Keep it in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours (better if overnight) before serving. To un-mold it, place the mould for few seconds in very hot water.
* If necessary, insert a knife all around between the mold and the cream to detach it from the walls. Invert onto a serving plate. Dress Pannacotta with berries or fresh fruit for additional color and flavor.
for the caramel
* 1/2 cup (100 gr ) sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons. water, hot
for the pudding
* 1 cup ( 230 gr) milk
* 1 envelope unflavored gelatin powder
* 2 cups (460 cc) heavy cream
* 1 slice of lemon peel
* 1 piece of cinnamon stick
* 1/4 cup (50 gr) sugar