* 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 onion, chopped
* 2 oz (60 gr) pancetta, (or unsmoked bacon) finely sliced
* 1 lb (450 gr) fresh or frozen porcini mushrooms, diced
* 2 1/2 cups canned or fresh tomatoes, peeled and diced
* 2 cups peas
* salt and crushed red pepper
* 1 lb (450 gr) pasta (spaghetti, rigatoni, or fettuccine noodles)
3 - 4 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley
Substitute the fresh (or frozen) Porcini mushrooms with:
* 1/2 oz (15 gr) dry porcini mushrooms, soaked in water until soft and drained
* 1 lb (450 gr) fresh mushrooms, sliced
* Place in a skillet olive oil, onion and bacon. Turn heat to medium.
* Sauté until onion is soft and translucent.
* Add the mushrooms, and sauté for about 1 minute.
* Add the tomatoes, the peas, and a pinch of salt, and let cook for about 10 - 15 minutes on medium heat, or until the sauce is thicker.
* Turn the heat off and adjust salt if necessary.
* Cook the pasta, following the manufacturer’s instructions until al dente. Drain and pour the pasta in a large bowl.
* Add the sauce, the parsley, toss and serve at once.