* Preheat oven 375 F (190 C).
* Beat together eggs and a pinch of salt until frothy.
* Whisk in the sugar, orange rind, and orange flower water.
* Whisk to combine.
* Sift in the flour a little at the time.
* Whisk gently but thoroughly until fully combined.
* Add the melted butter.
* Mix until obtaining a fluid compound.
* Butter and dust with flour the madeleine molds. Scoop the mixture in each of the cavities: Make sure they are only about two third full.
* Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until light golden color. Do not overcook.
* Un-mould immediately and optionally sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Watch the madeleines closely. Don’t color them: They tend to burn very easily especially on the edges where they are thinner.
makes about 24
* 3 large eggs
* pinch of salt
* 3/4 cup (150 gr) sugar
grated rind of 2 oranges
* 1 1/2 teaspoon orange flower water
* 1 1/2 cup (210 gr) flour
* 12 tablespoons (165 gr) unsalted butter, melted
* powdered sugar for finishing (optional)
2 large Madeleine pans (12 madeleines each pan)