* Bring water to a boil in a stockpot. Add salt and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Prepare a separate container of cold water.
* Cook the fresh pasta strips until al dente (firm but not too soft or overcooked). Cooking time will be less than 5 minutes.
* Remove the pasta strips drop them briefly in the cold water to stop the cooking process, and place in a colander to drain. * After the strips are drained, place them flat on a kitchen cloth and tap them gently with the cloth to dry.
* Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
* Butter a flat oven pan approximately 9 x 12 inch (22 x 30 cm) and spread over it 2 – 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce.
* Place one layer of pasta strips spread with the tomato sauce the balsamella sauce and the grated parmigiano reggiano cheese.
* Repeat the layers until all ingredients are used. Bake for about 25 – 30 minutes. Serve hot.
To taste for readiness pierce the lasagna with a fork. When ready the lasagna will be soft.
Lasagna can be conveniently prepared in advance, refrigerated or frozen, to cook at a later time.
The quantity of fresh pasta indicated in the recipe could be excessive for this dish.
Leftovers of the flattened dough can be cut into a different shape (such as fettuccine) and used for a different preparation.