Pasta alla Gricia - Pasta with Bacon and Romano Cheese
* In a frying pan, pour the olive oil, and add the bacon and generous red pepper.
* Fry over medium heat until the bacon is browned.
* Cook the pasta in abundant salt water following manufacturer’s instructions. Taste for readiness from time to time, until al dente (firm but not too soft or overcooked).
* Drain and transfer pasta to a bowl. Top the pasta with the bacon and the freshly grated cheese.
* Toss vigorously. Serve hot at once.
* 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 4 oz (115 gr) guanciale, diced (or substitute with unsmoked bacon)
* crushed red pepper
* 1 lb (450 gr) pasta (bucatini, ziti, or spaghetti)
* 1/4 cup (50 gr) pecorino romano cheese, freshly grated