* Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Cool the melted chocolate to room temperature.
* Sift the flour together with salt and ground cloves.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer whisk the butter until is soft. * Beat the chocolate into the butter until a smooth compound is obtained.
* Combine the flour mixture, until smooth dough is obtained.
* Transfer the dough into a plastic wrap and shape into a rectangle about 1/2 inch (12 mm) thick. Place in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
* In a saucepan combine the cream, butter, and corn syrup, and bring to a fast simmer.
* Remove from heat and add the chocolate.
* Whisk for the chocolate for few minutes to melt it, and then transfer to a bowl. Let the chocolate cool to room temperature.
* Preheat oven 350 F. Cut the dough in 3 or 4 pieces. While working on one of the pieces return the others to the refrigerator.
* With a rolling pin reduce the dough to about 1/4 inch (6 mm) thick.
* Cut the cookies with a cookie cutter.
* Place them on cookie sheets covered with parchment paper. * Repeat the step with the rest of the dough. Bake for about 15 minutes until firm, then transfer to rack to cool.
* Turn half of the cookies upside down. Place about 1/2 teaspoon of the chocolate filling on the cookies.
* Top with the other cookies and glue them firmly to one another.
for the dough
* 6 oz (180 gr) semisweet chocolate
* 2 1/2 cups (350 gr) all purpose flour
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
* 16 tablespoons (220 gr) butter, room temperature
for the filling
* 1/3 cup (80 cc) heavy cream
* 1 tablespoon (15 gr) butter
* 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
* 6 oz (180 gr) milk chocolate, cut into 1/4 inch (5 mm) pieces