* Preheat oven 360 F (200 C). Place in a bowl the ground meat, bread, egg, pine nuts, raisin, parsley, garlic, grated lemon rind, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper.
* Mix with a spatula until thoroughly combined.
* Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Transfer the meat mixture on the chicken and spread it in an even layer.
* Roll the chicken starting from one side then overlapping the other side, to prevent the filler from coming out.
* Tie the chicken roll with a string. Close the two ends using steel pins. They are sold in stores for the turkey stuffing.
* Transfer the chicken roll to a well oiled oven pan.
* Spread on the top about 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and cook for about 1 hour and half. Turn the roll occasionally to uniformly cook on all sides.
* This step is optional.
* While the chicken roll is cooking in the oven, cook the potatoes in boiling water, for about 30 minutes, until still firm and not fully cooked. Dice the potatoes.
* Distribute the potatoes in the pan all around the chicken roll. Spread the potatoes with some olive oil. Season with little salt and pepper. Put the pan back in the oven and finish cooking.
* Transfer the chicken roll to a serving dish. Place the potatoes around it. Cover with the cooking oils. Slice and serve when lukewarm.
* 1 lb (450 gr) mix of finely ground meats (beef, pork, prosciutto)
* 1 slice bread, soaked in milk
* 1 egg
* 2 tablespoons pine nuts
* 2 tablespoons raisin
* 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, finely chopped
* 1 garlic clove, chopped
grated rind of 1 lemon
* 2 oz (60 gr) Parmigiano cheese, freshly grated
* salt and pepper
* 2 lb (1 kg) potatoes, diced