* 1 lb (450 gr) green cauliflower, cut in about 2 inch (5 cm) pieces
* 2 oz (50 gr) onion, diced
* 2 oz (50 gr) carrots, diced
* 2 oz (50 gr) celery, diced
* 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 2 tablespoons tomato, diced
* salt and pepper
* 1 cup homemade broth, or 1 bouillon dissolved in 1 cup of warm water
* 1.5 quart (1.5 liters) water approximately
cleaning the cauliflower
Remove the bottom leaves and the stem base. Carve out the inside stem and separate the florets in about 2 inch pieces. Place the cauliflower in fresh water and rinse. Some of the tender leaves can be used also.
preparing the soup
Put in a large saucepan the extra-virgin olive oil, and turn the heat to medium. Add the onion, celery, and carrots. Sauté the vegetables until the onion is soft. Stir frequently.
Drain the cauliflower and add it to the saucepan.
Add tomatoes, salt ,and pepper, and stir for few seconds.
Add water and broth, and bring to a boil. Cook until the cauliflower is tender but still firm.
Add the pasta and cook for the time indicated by the manufacturer.
Taste for readiness and cook until pasta is firm but not overcooked (al dente). Correct salt if necessary.