* In a bowl, mix the grated pecorino romano cheese and a very generous quantity of black pepper freshly grated from the mill.
* Cook the spaghetti in abundant salted water following manufacturer’s instructions, tasting for readiness from time to time. Before draining, reserve about 1/2 cup of the pasta boiling water.
* When the spaghetti is al dente (firm but not too soft or overcooked) drain in a colander without shaking it too much, to maintain the pasta moist.
* Pour the pasta into a bowl, top with the cheese, and toss.
* Add 1 or more tablespoon of the reserved cooking water. Toss thoroughly. Serve at once.
* 1/2 cup pecorino romano cheese, freshly grated
* black pepper, freshly grated from the mill
* 1 lb (450 gr) spaghetti