* Clean and wash the beans the night before. Place them in a container, and cover with fresh water. Let the beans soak in the water overnight.
* The next day, when ready to cook, drain the beans. In a stockpot, pour 1 quart (1 liter) water and add the beans. Boil for about 20 minutes or until the beans are tender. Let the beans cool to room temperature.
*** If using canned beans, drain the beans and rinse them with fresh water before preparing the salad.
* Transfer the beans to a bowl.
* Add celery and drained tuna fish.
* Add vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
* Mix thoroughly.
* Add extra-virgin olive oil. Mix to combine the ingredients and serve.
* 3/4 lb (300 gr) dry cannellini beans, or 2 cans white beans
* 4 - 5 tender celery sticks, diced
* 1 can tuna fish in oil (approximately 1/2 lb, 200 gr), drained
* 1 - 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (optional)
* salt and pepper
* 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil