* 4 - 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 4 oz (115 gr) pancetta, diced (or substitute with un-smoked bacon)
* crushed red pepper
* 2 cups (500 gr) tomato, finely diced
* 1 lb (450 gr) pasta (bucatini, ziti, spaghetti, or rigatoni)
* ¼ cup (50 gr) pecorino romano cheese, freshly grated
* In a frying pan, pour the olive oil, and add the bacon, and generous red pepper.
* Sauté over low heat until bacon is lightly browned.
* Add tomatoes, and cook for approximately 10 minutes, until sauce is thicker.
* Cook the pasta in abundant salt water following manufacturer's instructions. Taste for readiness from time to time, until al dente (firm but not too soft or overcooked).
* Drain and transfer to a bowl.
* Top with the sauce, add freshly grated cheese, and toss thoroughly. Serve at once.